South Dakota Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Project
Who is eligible for WIPA services?
- All social security disability insurance (SSDI) and supplemental security income (SSI) beneficiaries age 14 and over are eligible for WIPA services.
- You do not have to be working, or have made the decision to work, to receive WIPA services.
What can a WIPA do for me?
A WIPA can:
- Answer your questions about how part-time, full-time, or seasonal work would affect your individual disability benefits and other benefits you may receive from federal, state, and local programs.
- Answer your questions about how working would affect your health care benefits
- Answer your questions about SSA work incentives and employment related work incentives offered by other programs
- Discuss your individual employment goals, including possible barriers and the resources or services you would need to overcome any barriers. A Community Work Incentives Coordinator (CWIC) can also help you locate those resources and services.
- Help you plan how to use work incentives or other benefits for a successful return to work experience
- Help you coordinate work with your local social security office to arrange for the work incentives you will need.
- Help you use your ticket to work and find an employment network that is right for you.
To contact the WIPA staff, please call 1-800-224-5336.
2885 Dickson Dr | PO Box 218, Sturgis SD, 57785 | Phone: (605) 347-4467 | Fax: (605) 347-5223